Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hopler Gruner Veltliner



Of all the wines I have tasted, I can honestly say that I have never tried a Gruner Veltliner so I decided to pick up a bottle. The 2009 Hopler Gruner Veltliner is produced in Burgenland, Austria by Hopler winery, and the grape Gruner Veltliner is becoming known as Austria's national grape. This wine had an alcohol level of 12.0% and was sealed with a screwtop.

The Hopler Gruner Veltliner was a pale yellow straw color with green hues. On the nose were notes of honeysuckle, peach, minerality, apricot, toasted coconut, wood, butterscotch, vanilla cream, grass, fern, and peanuts. On the palate were hints of baked apple, lemon, peach blossoms, toasted peanuts, peanut butter, and fern. This Gruner Veltliner was medium bodied and dry with ample acidity. Overall, a delightful wine and I will be buying a Gruner Veltliner again!

No comments:

Post a Comment